All persons riding on Hong Kong Observation Wheel (“HKOW” or “the Wheel”) operating by The Entertainment Corporation Limited (“TECL”) and/or visiting its Premise (“the Premise”) at 33 Man Kwong Street, Central shall do so subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Each ticket entitles for one (1) person’s admission only.
- Unless otherwise permitted by HKOW, all persons riding the Wheel must purchase or otherwise be in hold of a ticket before boarding the Wheel. Tickets must be retained by the ticket holders at all times and presented for inspection whenever required by any staff or agent of HKOW.
- Tickets sold by HKOW are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-extendable and non-transferable. All tickets sold by HKOW shall only be changed or be replaced at the absolute discretion of HKOW. All requests and applications for refunds must be made in writing to HKOW. HKOW may consider a refund of a ticket only in exceptional circumstances. HKOW reserves the right not to accede to any request(s) for a refund(s) without providing any reason.
- Tickets may not be resold without the prior written consent of HKOW. HKOW shall retain the sole discretion to refuse entry to any person or to remove any person from the Wheel, without refund or compensation to such person(s), if HKOW reasonably believes that the ticket held by such person has been resold without HKOW’s prior consent.
- Only ticket holders holding tickets purchased from HKOW’s authorised representatives, agents and personnel will be permitted to board the Wheel. If visitors have any doubt or any query, please contact HKOW’s hotline at 23390777, or email to HKOW at firstname.lastname@example.org or approach HKOW staff at the Ticket Office for assistance. In the event of any ticket fraud, no refund of tickets or entry to the Wheel will be permitted.
- Large luggage, baby strollers and other bulky items are not permitted on the Wheel and must be stored at the luggage/baby stroller storage before boarding the Wheel.
- Luggage/stroller is accepted for storage upon the condition that it does not contain any valuables; items which might pose threat to third parties or their property; hazardous or radioactive material, explosives or contraband items.
- One Luggage Storage Ticket will be issued for each item of luggage/stroller. HKOW is authorized to deliver the luggage/stroller to any person presenting this Ticket without liability to any person. HKOW has no obligation to make any inquiries about the identity of the bearer of this Ticket.
- All luggage/stroller stored in the Luggage/stroller Storage area is subject to payment in accordance with the Hong Kong Observation Wheel pricelist.
- The fee is charged prior to accepting the luggage/stroller for storage.
- Luggage/stroller must be collected within 60 minutes of the Luggage Storage Ticket issuing time stamped on this tag. An additional fee will be incurred if the luggage/stroller is collected after the above stated time in accordance with the price list set by Hong Kong Observation Wheel.
- Luggage/stroller not collected within seven (7) days from the date of deposit shall be deemed to have been abandoned by you and to become our property and, as such, may be disposed of by us by sale or otherwise as we may from time to time deem appropriate in accordance with our standard procedures for handling lost and found items.
- The Luggage/stroller Storage Service is provided by us for the convenience of our guests. Persons using this service do so at their own risk. HKOW (TECL) is not responsible for and do not assume any liability for any damage to or loss of any luggage/stroller, whether such damage or loss is caused by our negligence or otherwise.
- Food and beverages are prohibited on the Wheel and/or the boarding deck to the Wheel.
- Smoking (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes and electronic cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on the Wheel and the Premise.
- Sharp objects, weapons, fireworks, glass bottles, flammable liquids or any other items which in HKOW’s absolute discretion may pose a threat to third parties or their properties are strictly prohibited on the Wheel.
- Unless otherwise permitted by HKOW, drone flying for any use is strictly prohibited in the Premise.
- No pets or animals are allowed on the Wheel, except for guide dogs, or any other kind of service animals (with valid identification).
- Irrespective of age (including an infant), the maximum number of persons allowed per gondola is 8. HKOW has the sole discretion to allocate any person(s) in a group to different gondolas and all persons agree and acknowledge that not all the members in each group will be able to travel in the same gondola.
- Queuing area for boarding the Wheel opens 15 minutes before the designated time slot. Visitors are required to arrive at the boarding deck no later than 30 minutes prior to the end of the designated time slot stated on the ticket. Latecomers will only be admitted at HKOW ’s discretion and subject to capacity.
- While HKOW will use its reasonable endeavours to facilitate visitors boarding the Wheel according to the designated timeslot, there may be chances that the actual boarding time varies.
- Persons below the age of 12 must be accompanied by a guardian of 15 years old or above on the Wheel.
- Visitors agree to abide by all instructions given or issued by HKOW or its employees at all times. HKOW reserves the right to refuse entry to or require a person to leave the Wheel or the Premise without refund or compensation if such person:
- is suspected of having committed a criminal offence or has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of HKOW, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or has behaved in any way which provokes or may result in a breach of the peace, is disorderly or is disruptive to other persons at the Wheel and/or the Premise; or
- is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- HKOW, will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Wheel is and /or the Premise are open for use during their normal operating hours. Notwithstanding the foregoing, HKOW reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety and/or emergency reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close, postpone, slow down, interrupt or stop any operation or any part of the Wheel and/or the Premise. HKOW shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to the closure, postponement, slowing down, interruption or stoppage of any operation or any part of the Wheel and/or the Premise, including but not limited to any travel or accommodation expenses or any other expenses of any nature whatsoever.
- HKOW/TECL’s employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any trip undertaken and/or during rescue from the Wheel in the event of breakdown or accident.
- HKOW shall assume all visitors and all persons boarding the Wheel trip are medically fit to use the services provided (including taking a trip on the Wheel and using facilities within the Premise) and/or to access any part of the Premise, and visitors have obtained prior medical clearance (where applicable) before using any of the services or accessing any part of the Premise. In the event visitors suffer from any medical condition that may be triggered by taking the Wheel or using any facilities within the Premise, visitors are advised not to take the Wheel without having obtained prior medical clearance.
- From time to time HKOW or other authorized parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on the Wheel and/or within the Premise which may feature visitors. perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR, and any claim filed under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Hong Kong SAR.
Sports Classes and Activities
Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement
I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in this event, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the organizers of the event in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said event.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A)I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence
or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event. THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: ALL IN THIS EVENT, The Entertainment Corporation Ltd. and/or their coaches, contractors, agents, representatives or volunteers.
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this event, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
I acknowledge that this event may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and personal loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, and lack of hydration.
I consent and agree that ALL IN THIS EVENT, The Entertainment Corporation Ltd. and/or their coaches, agents, representatives or volunteers may take photographs or digital recordings of me a participant during this event and use these in any and all media for training or promotional purposes. I further consent that my identity may be revealed therein or by description text or commentary. I waive any rights, claims or interest and I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration.
The accident waiver, release of liability and image release shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I AGREE ABOVE TERMS ON MY OWN FREE WILL.