Health & Wellness
Picnic food doesn’t necessarily have to be unhealthy and full of junk food. Cross out biscuits, crisps and chocolates on your list and learn some of the quick healthy picnic recipes below!
Avocado is reputed for its rich healthy fat content, which gives you glowing and supple skin. Together with boiled eggs and a mixture of herbs, salt and black pepper, a creamy avocado egg salad is born! As one of the all-time favourite sandwich fillings, this is a must-learn recipe for everyone!
Mash the avocado and stir in the Greek yogurt, fresh lemon juice and chopped boiled eggs, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Finally, spread the avocado egg salad on your bread slices.
Drop your butter and refined sugar, rather, opt for the healthier substitutes to make these toothsome energy bars! Not only are they healthy but also easy to make and portable, so do give this recipe a shot!
It’s always great to have something satiating for a picnic, but if you are so fed up with sandwiches, consider switching to this healthy chicken pasta salad!
1) To start off, marinate the chicken breast fillets with olive oil, salt and pepper, then pop them into the preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes (200 Celsius degree). Once the chicken is cooked, cut them into cubes.
2) Cook the pasta in boiling water, then drain and rinse under cool water.
3) In a mason jar, mix together all the dressing ingredients and stir well.
4) In a large bowl, mix in all vegetables, chicken cubes and pasta together, pour in the Mediterranean dressing until everything is fully coated. Let it sit so that the ingredients can absorb the dressing.
5) Serve cold. Keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
And if you are keen to have an outdoor picnic but it isn’t convenient to prepare food, why not come down to the Hong Kong Observation Wheel, we have plenty of food choices including healthy options such as vegetarian hotdogs, vegetarian sandwiches, and vegan burgers.
More Posts You May Like